The mentor's guide : facilitating effective learning relationships
- Lois J. Zachary.
- 2nd ed.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 261 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1731.4 .Z23 2012||Unknown|
- Zachary, Lois J.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 243-249) and index.
- Exercises, Examples, Tables, and Figures. Foreword (Laurent A. Parks Daloz). Preface to the Second Edition. Acknowledgments. About the Author. 1 Learning: Grounding the Work of Mentoring. Part One: Considering Context. 2 The Context of Difference: Bringing Who We Are to What We Do. 3 The Context of Connection: Linking Up and Linking In. Part Two: The Predictable Phases of Mentoring. 4 Preparing: Getting Ready for a Mentoring Relationship. 5 Negotiating: Establishing Agreements. 6 Enabling Growth, Part One: Support, Challenge, and Vision. 7 Enabling Growth, Part Two: Engaging in Feedback and Overcoming Obstacles. 8 Coming to Closure: Looking Back, Moving Forward. 9 Digging Deeper: Reengagement and Resources for Learning. Notes. References. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470907726 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- Thoughtful and rich with advice, The Mentor's Guide explores the critical process of mentoring and presents practical tools for facilitating the experience from beginning to end. Now managers, teachers, and leaders from any career, professional, or educational setting can successfully navigate the learning journey by using the hands-on worksheets and exercises in this unique resource.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470907726 20160607
- Supplemental links
- Publication date
- Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series
- 9780470907726 (pbk.)
- 047090772X (pbk.)
- 9781118103302 (ebk.)
- 1118103300 (ebk.)
- 9781118103319 (ebk.)
- 1118103319 (ebk.)
- 9781118103326 (ebk.)
- 1118103327 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: