Hyperbolic partial differential equations
- Serge Alinhac.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2009
- Physical description
- xi, 150 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA377 .A557 2009||Unknown|
- Alinhac, S. (Serge)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -148) and index.
- Vector Fields and Integral Curves.- Operators and Systems in the Plane.- Nonlinear First Order Equations.- Conservation Laws in One-Space Dimension.- The Wave Equation.- Energy Inequalities for the Wave Equation.- Variable Coefficient Wave Equations and Systems.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387878225 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- This excellent introduction to hyperbolic differential equations is devoted to linear equations and symmetric systems, as well as conservation laws. The book is divided into two parts. The first, which is intuitive and easy to visualize, includes all aspects of the theory involving vector fields and integral curves; the second describes the wave equation and its perturbations for two- or three-space dimensions. Over 100 exercises are included, as well as "do it yourself" instructions for the proofs of many theorems. Only an understanding of differential calculus is required. Notes at the end of the self-contained chapters, as well as references at the end of the book, enable ease-of-use for both the student and the independent researcher.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387878225 20160607
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: