Interdisciplinary research : process and theory
- Allen F. Repko.
- 2nd ed.
- Los Angeles : SAGE, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxxiii, 509 p. : col. ill. ; 26 cm.
- Repko, Allen F.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 476-495) and indexes.
- Part I. About Interdisciplinary Studies
- Chapter 1. Defining Interdisciplinary Studies
- Chapter 2. Mapping the Drivers of Interdisciplinarity Part II. Drawing on Disciplinary Insights
- Chapter 3. Beginning the Research Process
- Chapter 4. Introducing the Disciplines
- Chapter 5. Identifying Relevant Disciplines
- Chapter 6. Conducting the Literature Search
- Chapter 7. Developing Adequacy in Relevant Disciplines
- Chapter 8. Analyzing the Problem and Evaluating Insights Part III. Integrating Insights
- Chapter 9. Understanding Integration
- Chapter 10. Identifying Conflicts Between Insights
- Chapter 11. Creating Common Ground Between Concepts
- Chapter 12. Creating Common Ground Between Theories
- Chapter 13. Constructing a More Comprehensive Understanding or Theory
- Chapter 14. Reflecting on, Testing, and Communicating the Understanding.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
The Second Edition of Interdisciplinary Research: Process and Theory reflects the substantial research on all aspects of interdisciplinarity that has been published since the appearance of the First Edition in 2008. How to do interdisciplinary research is no longer the neglected topic that it once was. This book also reflects feedback from faculty and students who have used the first edition. As in the previous edition, the goal is to provide a comprehensive and systematic presentation of the interdisciplinary research process and the theory that informs it for not only students, but also for individual mature scholars and interdisciplinary teams. The book emphasizes the relationship between theory, research, and practice in an orderly framework so that the reader can more easily understand the nature of the interdisciplinary research process.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Interdisciplinary research.
- Publication date
- 9781412988773 (pbk.)
- 1412988772 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: