Integral methods in science and engineering : analytic and numerical techniques
- C. Constanda, M. Ahues, A. Largillier, editors.
- Boston : Birkhäuser, c2004.
- Physical description
- xxii, 280 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- An Approximate Solution to the Radiative Transfer Equation in an Optically Thick Slab Diffraction by Two Semi-Infinite Plates Welded Along a Short Segment of Their Edges Analysis of a Finite-Volume Scheme for the Numerical Simulation of Titanium Carbide Combustion Synthesis High Performance Algorithms for Computing Nonsingular Jacobian-Free Piecewise Linearization of Algebraic Differential Equations Multiple Scattering of Water Waves by Floating Bodies using the Boundary Integral Equation Method An Application of the Semigroup Theory to a Fragmentation Equation Explicit Solution of a Sommerfield Diffraction Problem with a Real Wave Number A Mixed Boundary Element Method Applied to Scattering of Thermal Waves in Composite Materials Stellar Atmosphere Modeling The Solvability and Asymptotics of Solutions of Crack-Type Boundary-Contact Dynamic Problems of Elasticity Distributional Solutions in Dynamic Problems for Plates Absolute Stability of Certain Neutral Systems A Parallel Code for Integral Equations on a Cluster of Computers Algorithms for the Simulation of Electrostatic Precipitators Bifurcation of Almost Periodic Solutions in Difference Equations A Method for Modeling Nonharmonic Periodic Acoustic Radiation Implicit Function Theorems with Applications to Discontinuous Differential Equations Numerical Method for Solving Differential Algebraic Equations by Power Series On the Solvability of Evolution Semivariational Inequalities in Coupled Thermoelasticity Problems On Asymptotic Stability in Functional Differential Equations On Optimal Stabilizon of Nonautonomous Systems Interpolation Post-Processing for Eigenvector Approximation Spectral Approximation for Compact Integral Operators Parareal in Time Simulation with Domain Decomposition with PDEs Fundamental Solutions and Functionally-Graded Materials Applications of Fixed-Point Theorems to a Chemical Reactor On Localized Boundary-Domain Integral and Integro-Differential Equations for Problems with Variable Coefficients Uniqueness for Inverse Inhomogeneous Transmission Problems in the Class of Lipschitz Domains Analysis of an Enhanced Model for Elastic Plates Reproducing Kernel Methods in Inverse Problems and Signal Analysis New Zonal, Spectral Solutions for the Compressile Navier-Stokes PDEs Boundary Variational Inequalities in the Theory of Interface Cracks Hybrid Laplace and Poisson Solvers Spline Approximations for Integro-Differential with Weakly Singular Kernels Vibrating Systems with Concentrated Masses Terminal Edges in Algorithms On the Identifiability and Stability of a Geometric Inverse Problem of Parabolic Type Multiple Scattering Theory and Integral Equations A Resonance Problem for a 2nd-Order Vector Differential Equation Fluid Fingering Problems in Hele-Shaw Cells On Anisotropic Elliptic Equations in Bounded Domains Uniqueness and Symmetry for Some Ground State Problems in Rn, n>3 Parallel Finite Element Calculations on Clusters of Symmetric Multiprocessors Dynamic Stability of a Propagating Crack Integral Equation Methods for Scattering by Periodic Lipschitz Surfaces.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780817632281 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- * Good reference text; clusters well with other Birkhauser integral equations & integral methods books (Estrada and Kanwal, Kythe/Puri, Constanda, et al). * Includes many practical applications/techniques for applied mathematicians, physicists, engineers, grad students. * The contributors to the volume draw from a number of physical domains and propose diverse treatments for various mathematical models through the use of integration as an essential solution tool. * Physically meaningful problems in areas related to finite and boundary element techniques, conservation laws, hybrid approaches, ordinary and partial differential equations, and vortex methods are explored in a rigorous, accessible manner. * The new results provided are a good starting point for future exploitation of the interdisciplinary potential of integration as a unifying methodology for the investigation of mathematical models.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780817632281 20160606
- Publication date
- Papers from IMSE 2002, University of Saint-Étienne, France.
- 9780817632281 (alk. paper)
- 081763228X (alk. paper)
- 9783764332280 (Basel : alk. paper)
- 376433228X (Basel : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: