Cases and materials on constitutional and administrative law
- Michael J. Allen, Brian Thompson.
- 10th ed.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xxxviii, 737 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- 1. Introduction: constitutional law in the UK
- 2. The legislative supremacy of Parliament
- 3. The rule of law
- 4. Judicial independence
- 5. Constitutional conventions and prerogative powers
- 6. Parliament: scrutiny of policy and administration
- 7. Parliament: law-making and self-regulation
- 8. The European Union
- 9. Human rights
- 10. Judicial review: the grounds
- 11. The availability of judicial review
- 12. Ombudsmen
- 13. Tribunals.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Cases & Materials on Constitutional and Administrative Law is an invaluable resource for law students. Extracts from the leading cases are combined with legal, political and philosophical materials and linked together with explanatory text, alongside extensive notes and questions for discussion. The authors take a critical look at the main doctrines of constitutional law as well as the principles of administrative law, examining the operation of the constitution in relation to Parliament, the Executive, and the citizen. Incisive commentary throughout the text provides students with a range of views on challenging issues which will stimulate thought and discussion. The tenth edition has been fully revised and updated to reflect the latest developments in legislation, case law, and politics, including the 2010 general election. This essential text continues to provide students with instant access to an unrivalled collection of up-to-date judgments and statutory provisions; ideal for weekly reading, coursework assignments, and revision.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Cases & materials on constitutional and administrative law
- Constitutional and administrative law
- Includes index.
- 9780199579044 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0199579040 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: