Trail technical report archive & image library [electronic resource]
- Center for Research Libraries.
- Seattle, Wa. : University of Washington Libraries, 2010-
- The Technical Report Archive & Image Library (TRAIL) is an initiative of the Center for Research Libraries (CRL) -- in which Stanford Libraries is participating -- to identify, digitize, archive, and provide access to federal technical reports issued prior to 1975. Technical reports communicate research progress in technology and science; they deliver information for technical development to industry and research institutions contributing to the continued growth of science and technology. These highly detailed reports contain valuable information serving specialized audiences of researchers. While availability to more recent (1994́⁰₃current) technical report literature has greatly improved with Internet access via the National Technical Reports Library (NTRL) -- also listed on databases.stanford.edu -- legacy technical report documents remain elusive to researchers. Most large research libraries across the country have sizeable collections of federally funded technical research reportś⁰₄frequently a million or more ranging from several pages to several hundred pages. An example of some report series digitized include: --U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, Civil Effects Test Operations (AEC-CEX) --U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, Lovelace ------Foundation for Medical Education and Research (AEC-LF) --U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, Health and Safety Laboratory (AEC-HASL) --U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, Radiation Instruments Branch (AEC-RIB) --U.S. National Bureau of Standards, Monographs --U.S. Bureau of Mines Bulletin
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Trail techincal report archive and image library
- Title from home page (viewed Feb. 22, 2011).
- "An initiative led by the University of Arizona in collaboration with CRL and other interested agencies to identify, digitize, archive, and provide access to federal technical reports issued prior to 1975."
- Mode of access: Internet.