Educational administration : leading with mind and heart
- Palestini, Robert H.
- 3rd ed.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, c2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 327 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB2805 .P288 2011
- Unknown LB2805 .P288 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1 Organizational Structure in Schools Chapter 2 School Culture Chapter 3 Organizational Leadership Chapter 4 Motivating and Rewarding Individuals Chapter 5 Effective Communication Chapter 6 Conflict Management Chapter 7 The Strategic Planning Process Chapter 8 Effective Decision Making Chapter 9 Power and the Negotiations Process Chapter 10 The Change Process Chapter 11 Leading With Heart Chapter 12 Organizational Diagnosis.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Newly appointed school administrators are often confused when faced with the prospect of having to assume a leadership role in a complex organization like a school or school system. Where does one start? An effective method would be to systematically examine the vital components that make up an organization. A system of organizational diagnosis and prescription will lead to a comprehensive and integrated analysis of the organization's strengths and weaknesses and point the way toward possible improvement. The new edition of Educational Administration: Leading with Mind and Heart suggests such a sequential and systematic approach. Utilizing it effectively can produce dramatic results.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Robert Palestini.
- 9781610483964 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610483960 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610483971 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610483979 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610483988 (electronic)
- 1610483987 (electronic)