Grading exceptional and struggling learners
- Lee Ann Jung, Thomas R. Guskey.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 116 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC4704 .J86 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 105-109) and index.
- About the Authors 1. The Challenges of Grading Struggling Learners 2. A Foundation for Change 3. The Inclusive Grading Model 4. Accommodations and Modifications 5. Measuring Progress on Modified Standards With Gerry M. Swan 6. Facilitating Change 7. Frequently Asked Questions About Grading Struggling Learners Conclusion References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412988339 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- Students with disabilities and those who are English language learners often struggle in school and pose real challenges to teachers who need to communicate the degree of their learning on a report card. This practitioner-friendly book provides general education teachers and administrators with a clear, step-by-step process for assigning fair and meaningful grades to struggling students, including students with IEPs, those receiving intensive intervention through an RTI model, and ELLs. The book contains sample report cards for elementary and secondary levels, several example progress reports, and a graphic to illustrate the authors' original inclusive grading model.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412988339 20160606
- Publication date
- 9781412988339 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 1412988330 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: