University leadership : approaches, formation and challenges in Europe
- Michael O'Mullane.
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Physical description
- xvi, 213 p. : ill., map ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2341.8 .E85 O48 2011||Unknown|
- O'Mullane, Michael.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 148-166) and index.
- Organisational Leadership: Background and Framework for a Study Of European Universities The University as 'Organisation' in the Context of Leadership Approaches to Data Collection and Analysis Approaches Universities take in their own Leadership and Management Forming Leadership: Approaches taken in Developing Leadership and Management Capability Challenges Facing University Leadership Summary, General Outcomes, Implications And Future Directions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230314030 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- Universities in Europe are transforming into passively competing, more accountable organisations, catering for a growing mass market with a standard structure for awards characterising the Bologna protocols. Michael O'Mullane examines university leadership as a significant influence on the navigation of universities through emergent futures by exploring approaches to leadership, how leadership is formed, and its challenges. Through the use of interviews, this volume presents perceptions of these topics from a transect of leadership practitioners and those who support leadership in universities and university support organisations. The author feeds the growing interest in how universities operate, their efficiency and effectiveness, and in some cases, their survival, and provides a a substantial, credible and defensible approach for readers concluding with a set of seven research recommendations for further inquiry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230314030 20160606
- Publication date
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: