Vector bundles on complex projective spaces
- Christian Okonek, Michael Schneider, Heinz Spindler ; with an appendix by S.I. Gelfand.
- Basel [Switzerland] : Birkhäuser, 2011.
- Physical description
- viii, 239 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Modern Birkhäuser classics.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA612.63 .O56 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-209) and index.
- Holomorphic vector bundles and the geometry of ?n.- Stability and moduli spaces.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783034801508 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- These lecture notes are intended as an introduction to the methods of classi?cation of holomorphic vector bundles over projective algebraic manifolds X. To be as concrete as possible we have mostly restricted ourselves to the case X = P . According to Serre (GAGA) the class- n cation of holomorphic vector bundles is equivalent to the classi?cation of algebraic vector bundles. Here we have used almost exclusively the language of analytic geometry. The book is intended for students who have a basic knowledge of analytic and (or) algebraic geometry. Some fundamental results from these ?elds are summarized at the beginning. One of the authors gave a survey in the S'eminaire Bourbaki 1978 on the current state of the classi?cation of holomorphic vector bundles over P . This lecture then served as the basis for a course of lectures n in Gottingen in the Winter Semester 78/79. The present work is an extended and up-dated exposition of that course. Because of the - troductory nature of this book we have had to leave out some di?cult topics such as the restriction theorem of Barth. As compensation we have appended to each section a paragraph in which historical remarks are made, further results indicated and unsolved problems presented. The book is divided into two chapters. Each chapter is subdivided into several sections which in turn are made up of a number of pa- graphs. Each section is preceded by a short description of its contents.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783034801508 20160606
- Publication date
- Modern Birkhäuser classics
- "Corrected reprint of the 1988 edition."
- Originally published under the same title as volume 3 in the Progress in mathematics series; reprinted with corrections in 2011.
- 9783034801508 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 3034801505 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9783034801515 (ebk.)
- 3034801513 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: