Technology ventures : from idea to enterprise
- Thomas H. Byers, Richard C. Dorf, Andrew J. Nelson.
- 3rd ed.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2011.
- Physical description
- xx, 680 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- CEE-246-01 -- Entrepreneurship in Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Levitt, Raymond E
- MS&E-276-01 -- Entrepreneurial Management and Finance
- Byers, Thomas H
Engineering Library (Terman)
On reserve: Ask at circulation desk
|HC79 .I55 D674 2011||4-hour loan|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part 1: Venture Opportunity, Concept, and Strategy Chapter 1: Economic Growth and the Technology Entrepreneur Chapter 2: Opportunity and the Concept Summary Chapter 3: Vision and the Business Model Chapter 4: Competitive Strategy Chapter 5: Innovation Strategies Part 2: Venture Formation and Planning Chapter 6: Risk and Return Chapter 7: The Business Plan Chapter 8: Types of Ventures Chapter 9: Knowledge, Learning, and Design Chapter 10: Legal Formation and Intellectual Property Part 3: Detailed Functional Planning for the Venture Chapter 11: The Marketing and Sales Plan Chapter 12: Organizational Development Chapter 13: Acquiring and Organizing Resources Chapter 14: Management of Operations Chapter 15: Acquisitions and Global Expansion Part 4: Financing and Building the Venture Chapter 16: Profit and Harvest Chapter 17: The Financial Plan Chapter 18: Sources of Capital Chapter 19: Presentations and Deal Negotiations Chapter 20: Leading Ventures to Success.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073380186 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- For business, engineering, and science students and professionals who demand a comprehensive guide to high-growth entrepreneurship, "Technology Ventures" is the leading resource for analyzing opportunities and building new enterprises. Drawing on the latest academic research and practitioner insights, "Technology Ventures" integrates clear theoretical frameworks with action-oriented examples and exercises. Its broad perspective on 'technology', including clean tech, information technology and the life sciences, ensures wide-ranging appeal to anyone with an interest in high-potential ventures. The extensive features in this edition include: expanded attention to 'clean tech' startups in the energy and environment sectors; special coverage of university technology commercialization, open source innovation, and social entrepreneurship; eight cases, including two from the well-known Harvard Business School archive; a 'venture challenge' business plan exercise at the end of each chapter; and, extensive web-based resources, including sample presentations, more cases and business plans, and numerous videos of entrepreneurs and other thought leaders.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073380186 20160606
- Publication date
- Dorf's name appears first on the earlier editions.
- 9780073380186 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 0073380180 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: