Count me in : surveying for tenure security and urban land management
- [principal authors; Paul Mundy ... et la.].
- Nairobi : UN HABITAT, c2010.
- Physical description
- viii, 159 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p.153-158).
- Enumerations for community empowerment
- Enumeration and alternatives to evictions
- Enumerations in cases of relocation and resettlement
- Recognition of informal rights and claims
- Enumeration to support savings and credit
- Enumerations and land administration
- Enumeration for land adjudication
- Enumerations after conflicts
- Enumeration for local planning and development
- Enumerations and taxation
- Enumerations for city-wide slum upgrading.
- "This book is about involving and engaging urban poor communities in one of the first steps of any participatory planning or upgrading initiative. It describes how we can use 'participatory enumerations,' a surveying method used to gain better knowledge of the needs and priorities of the community. It presents and analyses existing and novel applications of participatory enumerations to enhance tenure security and improve urban land management."--Publisher's description.
- Publication date
- Also freely available online.
Browse related items
Start at call number: