Relative homological algebra
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: v.1-
|QA169 .E6 2011 V.1||Unknown|
|QA169 .E6 2011 V.2||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Dedication Preface-- Chapter I: Complexes of Modules-- 1. Definitions and basic constructions-- 2. Complexes formed from Modules-- 3. Free Complexes-- 4. Projective and Injective Complexes Chapter II: Short Exact Sequences of Complexe-- 1. The groups Extn(C, D)-- 2. The Group Ext1(C, D)-- 3. The Snake Lemma for Complexes-- 4. Mapping Cones Chapter III: The Category K(R-Mod)-- 1. Homotopies-- 2. The category K(R-Mod)-- 3. Split short exact sequences-- 4. The complexes Hom(C, D)-- 5. The Koszul Complex Chapter IV: Cotorsion Pairs and Triplets in C(R-Mod)-- 1. Cotorsion Pairs-- 2. Cotorsion triplets-- 3. The Dold triplet-- 4. More on cotorsion pairs and triplets Chapter V: Adjoint Functors-- 1. Adjoint functors Chapter VI: Model Structures-- 1. Model Structures on C(R-Mod) Chapter VII: Creating Cotorsion Pairs-- 1. Creating Cotorsion pairs in C(R-Mod) in a Termwise Manner-- 2. The Hill lemma-- 3. More cotorsion pairs-- 4. More Hovey pairs Chapter VIII: Minimal Complexes-- 1. Minimal resolutions-- 2. Decomposing a complex Chapter IX: Cartan and Eilenberg Resolutions-- 1. Cartan-Eilenberg Projective Complexes-- 2. Cartan and Eilenberg Projective resolutions-- 3. C - E injective complexes and resolutions-- 4. Cartan and Eilenberg Balance Bibliographical-- No.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783110215236 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- This is the second revised edition of an introduction to contemporary relative homological algebra. It supplies important material essential to understand topics in algebra, algebraic geometry and algebraic topology. Each section comes with exercises providing practice problems for students as well as additional important results for specialists. The book is also suitable for an introductory course in commutative and ordinary homological algebra.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783110215212 20160607
- This second volume deals with the relative homological algebra of complexes of modules and their applications. It is a concrete and easy introduction to the kind of homological algebra which has been developed in the last 50 years. The book serves as a bridge between the traditional texts on homological algebra and more advanced topics such as triangulated and derived categories or model category structures. It addresses to readers who have had a course in classical homological algebra, as well as to researchers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783110215236 20160607
- Algebra, Homological.
- Beginning date
- De Gruyter expositions in mathematics ; 30, 54
- 9783110215205 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9783110215229 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
- 3110215209 (v. 1)
- 3110215225 (v. 2)
- 9783110215212 (v. 1 : electronic bk.)
- 9783110215236 (v. 2 : electronic bk.)
- 3110215217 (v. 1)
- 3110215233 (v. 2)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: