The teaching revolution : RTI, technology, & differentiation transform teaching for the 21st century
- Bender, William N.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2011.
- Physical description
- x, 176 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
LB1025.3 .B457 2011
- Unknown LB1025.3 .B457 2011
- Waller, Laura.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 161-169) and index.
- Preface: The Three Sisters: RTI, Technology, and Differentiation are Changing the World of Teaching 1. Beyond Response to Intervention: Teaching As It Ought To Be! 2. Technology: The Engine of Change In the 21st Century Teaching 3. The New Differentiated Instruction: Changing The Way Teachers Teach! 4. The Dynamic Synthesis: Instructional Strategies for the 21st Century Classroom 5. The Teaching/Learning Revolution: Preparing for Systems Change.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is a cutting-edge, provocative discussion of the coming transformation in education. A revolution is taking place in classrooms today, based on the cross-fertilization of three major instructional innovations, the othree sisters:o differentiated instruction, RTI, and technology. Each of these has, or soon will, impact classrooms drastically, but the owhole is greater than the sum of the parts:o that is, the whole impact of these three is many times as influential as the impact of any one of these factors individually. Because of the increasing emphasis on differentiation, RTI, and technology-based instruction, teachers are teaching in new and different ways. These innovations all address the ever-present pressures on teachers at all grade levels to meet/exceed AYP, and teachers are hungry for innovative instructional ideas that will assist them to do so. The authors draw on the growing 21st Century Skills movement to address these three instructional innovations together.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- William N. Bender, Laura Waller.
- 9781412991995 (pbk.)
- 1412991994 (pbk.)