The all-day kindergarten and pre-k curriculum : a dynamic-themes approach
- Doris Pronin Fromberg.
- New York : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical description
- xv, 413 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1180 .F76 2012||Unknown|
- Fromberg, Doris Pronin, 1937-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -398) and index.
- Section I: The Setting 1. An All-Day Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten 2. Organizing for Independence 3. Seven Conditions for Learning in Early Childhood 4. Hands-on Learning Ties to Concept Development Section II: Content: Connecting Experiences with Dynamic-Themes 5. Dynamic-Theme Experiences: Cyclical Changes 6. Dynamic-Theme Experiences: Contrasts and Conflicts (Dialectical Activity) 7. Dynamic-Theme Experiences: The Whole Exceeds the Parts (Synergy) 8. Social Studies: Multicultural and Egalitarian Experiences Section III: Learning Tools, Skills, and Ways to Represent Experiences 9. Literacy in Music, Movement, and the Arts 10. Literacy in Oral Language, Writing, Reading, and English Language Learning 11. Literacy in Computers, Design Technology, and Science: Issues and Opportunities 12. Literacy in Mathematics: Cooperative Experiences Section IV: Planning, Assessment, and Community Connections 13. Planning a Year, Month, Week, Day, and Moment 14. Integrating Multiple Forms of Assessment 15. Working with Families, Communities, and Colleagues Endnotes and References to Children's Literature.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Grounded in theory and research, The All-Day Kindergarten and Pre-K Curriculum provides an activity-based and classroom-proven curriculum for educators to consider as they plan and interact with pre-k and kindergarten children. Allowing young children the opportunities to become independent, caring, critical thinkers who feel comfortable asking questions and exploring possible solutions, the Dynamic Themes Curriculum offers children the skills they need for responsible citizenship and academic progress. This book describes a culturally-sensitive pre-k and kindergarten curriculum in the context of literacy, technology, mathematics, social studies, science, the arts, and play, and also discusses: How to use the seven integrated conditions for learning to meet and exceed content learning standards How to organize for differentiated instruction and to integrate multiple forms of assessment How to teach literacy tools and skills in fresh ways How to work with families, colleagues, and community Building off of author Doris Fromberg's groundbreaking earlier work, The All-Day Kindergarten and Pre-K Curriculum presents a practical curriculum centering on how young children develop meanings. This is a fantastic resource for pre-and in-service early childhood teachers, administrators, and scholars.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780415881524 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 0415881528 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9780415881531 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0415881536 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780203804209 (e-book)
- 0203804201 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: