Technology and young children : bridging the communication-generation gap
- [edited by] Sally Blake, Denise Winsor, Lee Allen.
- Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 299 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028.3 .T396643 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Teachers of young children are the technology gatekeepers in childcare programs. They are vital to the appropriate use of technology, yet little is documented concerning training and understanding of teachers role in classrooms. Technology and Young Children: Bridging the Communication-Generation Gap presents the view that beliefs, history, research, and policy are essential to changing the educational system with technology. The content should help teachers reflect on what is happening as the center of learning power moves outside the classroom. The suggestions for use of technology are designed to help educators ease into the use of technology rather than leap off the cliff of innovation, developing confidence and competence in their teaching.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781613500590 20160607
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Technology & young children
- "Premier reference source"--Cover.
- 9781613500590 (hbk.)
- 1613500599 (hbk.)
- 9781613500606 (ebk.)
- 1613500602 (ebk.)
- 9781613500613 (print & perpetual access)
- 1613500610 (print & perpetual access)
Browse related items
Start at call number: