The Routledge international handbook of creative learning
- edited by Julian Sefton-Green ... [et al.].
- London ; New York : Routledge, c2011.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 478 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Routledge international handbooks.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1062 .R66 2011||Unknown|
- Sefton-Green, Julian.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. The International Handbook of Creative Learning: Introduction 2. Section A. Theories and Histories: Creative Learning and its Contexts 3. Capitalism, Creativity and Learning: Some Chapters in a Relationship 4. The 'Transformative Power' of the Arts: History of an Idea 5. Mapping the Rhetorics of Creativity 6. Creativity of Formulaic Learning: Pedagogy of Imitation And Repetition 7. Creativity and the Arts in Chinese Societies 8. Psychological Research on Creativity 9. The Cult of Creativity: Opposition, Incorporation, Transformation 10. Democratic Creativity 11. Creativity, Creative Class, Smart Power, Social Reproduction and Symbolic Violence 12. Creativity, The Arts And The Renewal Of Culture 13. 'Creativity' and its Others: The Ongoing Project of Definition, Debate and Demonstration 14. Section B: Creativity, The Arts and Schools 15. Arts in Schools as a Change Model: Education for the Arts and Aesthetic Experience 16. Approaches to Creativity in Education in the United Kingdom 17. Constructing Assessment for Creative Learning 18. Approaches to Promoting Creativity in Chinese, Japanese, and US Preschools 19. Contemporary Aesthetic Theory and Models Of Creativity in Visual Arts Education in The United States 20. Drama as Creative Learning 21. Learning In and Through The Arts 22. Section C: Creative Curiculum and Pedagogy 23. Curriculum Integration and The Disciplines of Knowledge 24. Ways of Knowing and Teaching: How Teachers Create Valuable Learning Opportunities (Pedagogical Capital) By Making Knowledge the Means and not just the Ends in Classrooms 25. English for an Era of Instability: Aesthetics, Ethics, Creativity And Design 26. Room 13 and The Contemporary Practice of Artist-Learners 27. The Relationship between Creativity and Studio Thinking 28. The Gallery as a Site for Creative Learning 29. Creative Digital Cultures: Informal Learning beyond the School 30. Redesigning School Spaces: Creating Possibilities for Learning 31. Creative Pedagogies and the Contemporary School Classroom 32. 'Real Audience Pedagogy' - Creative Learning and Digital Space 33. Reconciliation Pedagogy, Identity and Community Funds of Knowledge: Borderwork In South African Classrooms 34. Miners, Diggers, Ferals and Show-Men: Creative School-Community Projects 35. Alternatives in Student Assessment: The Cultural Competency Record (Ccr) 36. Judgement, Authority and Legitimacy: Evaluating Creative Learning 37. Creative Learning 38. Section D Creative School And System Change 39. 21st Century Skills are on Mercury: Learning, Life and School Reform 40. Capacity Building: Introduction 41. Outsider
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415548892 20160607
- Publisher's Summary
- Until now there has been no single text bringing together the significant literature that explores the dimensions of creative learning, despite the work of artists in schools and the development of a cadre of creative teaching and learning specialists.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415548892 20160607
- Publication date
- Routledge international handbooks
- 9780415548892 (hardback)
- 0415548896 (hardback)
- 9780203817568 (e-book)
- 0203817567 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: