Owen & Mzee : the true story of a remarkable friendship
- Hatkoff, Isabella.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Scholastic Press, 2006.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 25 x 28 cm.
QL737 .U57 H38 2006
- Unknown QL737 .U57 H38 2006
- Publisher's Summary
- The inspiring true story of two great friends, a baby hippo named Owen and a 130-year-old giant tortoise named Mzee. When Owen was stranded after the December 2004 tsunami, villagers in Kenya worked tirelessly to rescue him. Then, to everyone's amazement, the orphaned hippo and the elderly tortoise adopted each other. Now they are inseparable, swimming, eating, and playing together. Adorable photos emailed from friend to friend quickly made them worldwide celebrities. 'Owen and Mzee' is a heart-warming, true animal story featuring an irresistibly cute baby! Here is a joyous reminder that in times of trouble, friendship is stronger than the differences that too often pull us apart.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Publisher description
- Publication date
- told by Isabella Hatkoff, Craig Hatkoff, and Paula Kahumbu ; photographs by Peter Greste.
- Title Variation
- Owen and Mzee
- "This book has been adapted from the original e-book, Owen and Mzee, which was first launched on the WNBC New York Five O'Clock News as part of the Tribeca Film Festival"--T.p. verso.
- American Library Association Notables (2007); School Library Journal Starred Review (2006); Publishers Weekly Best Books (2006); Publishers Weekly Starred Review (2006); American Booksellers Association Book Sense Children's Picks (Summer 2006).
- Available in another form
- Online version: Hatkoff, Isabella. Owen & Mzee. 1st ed. New York : Scholastic Press, 2006 (OCoLC)605098211
- Online version: Hatkoff, Isabella. Owen & Mzee. 1st ed. New York : Scholastic Press, 2006 (OCoLC)608375126
- 9780439927802 (pbk.)
- 0439927803 (pbk.)