The UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights : the law, process and practice
- Marco Odello and Francesco Seatzu.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- xv, 310 p. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge research in human rights law.
Law Library (Crown)
|KZ5058 .E26 O324 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -302) and index.
- The International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
- Towards unity or fragmentation of human rights protection? : the 2008 Optional Protocol and other complaint mechanisms
- Individual complaints and other procedures under the 2008 Optional Protocol
- The UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
- The system of periodic reporting
- General comments
- Final remarks.
- Publisher's Summary
- The book concerns the study and analysis of the UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights from an international legal perspective, taking into consideration the adoption of the 2008 Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR). The volume provides a detailed account of the structure and functioning of the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights in the light of its jurisprudence, through a study of the Committee's procedures and practices (periodic reports and general comments), including taking into account the Optional Protocol for individual complaint procedure. The book considers the possible implications of the work of this Committee on other UN Committees, such as the Human Rights Committee and the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, as well as considering the repercussions of its work on the international protection of fundamental rights, such as the right to education, to health and adequate food. The UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights will be of particular interest to academics and students of International and Human Rights law.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Routledge research in human rights law
- 9780415582353 (hardback)
- 0415582350 (hardback)
- 9780203101438 (e-book)
- 020310143X (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: