Banishing bullying behavior : transforming the culture of peer abuse
- SuEllen Fried and Blanche Sosland.
- 2nd ed.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- xiii, 185 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB3013.3 .F748 2011
- Unknown LB3013.3 .F748 2011
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 169-173) and index.
- Chapter 1 Transforming the Culture Chapter 2 Dimensions and Overview of Bullying Chapter 3 Back to Bullying Basics Chapter 4 Getting Specific About Bullying Chapter 5 Cyberbullying: Unimagined Cruelty Chapter 6 Bully Free Summer Camps Chapter 7 Bullying from Pre-School through Adolescence Chapter 8 Helping Special Needs Students Achieve Success Chapter 9 The Challenges of Changing the Culture Chapter 10 Change Agents Chapter 11 Empowering Students in the Solution Chapter 12 Ten Burning Questions Chapter 13Parents as Protectors, Partners, and Change Agents Chapter 14 Letters From the Children.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Banishing Bullying Behavior challenges students, parents, educators, education support professionals, administrators, counselors, and policy makers to confront the culture of cruelty that is devastating our society. This book is filled with insights, personal stories, anecdotal material, and strategies that are directed to the widest audience possible. It urges us to become change agents and empower children to transform their pain, rage, and revenge to empathy, kindness, and healing. Fried and Sosland tackle the demanding questions about physical, verbal, emotional, sexual, cyber, sibling, and even summer camp bullying. What sets this book apart is Chapter Eleven, "the Student Empowerment Session, " which focuses on giving students ownership of the problem and the solutions. Anti-bullying legislation and school policies are essential supports, but we must change the hearts, attitudes, and behavior of students. President Obama said it well, "Bullying is not normal and it is not inevitable." The implication of that statement is daunting but not impossible. Banishing Bullying Behavior will inspire you to prevent peer abuse and intervene effectively when necessary.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Subtitle on cover: Transforming the culture of pain, rage, and revenge
- 9781610484329 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610484320 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610484336 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610484339 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610484343 (ebk.)
- 1610484347 (ebk.)