The audacity to teach! : the impact of leadership, school reform, and the urban context on educational innovations
- Jacob Easley II.
- Lanham : University Press of America, c2011.
- Physical description
- xi, 121 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1027 .E323 2011||Unknown|
- Easley, Jacob.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -118) and index.
- Chapter 1 Foreword Chapter 2 Acknowledgements Chapter 3 Introduction Chapter 4 Chapter 1 The Contemporary Context of Urban Schools Chapter 5 Chapter 2 Introducing HIllside Elementary School Chapter 6 Chapter 3 Teachers Defining Teaching and Learning Innovations Chapter 7 Chapter 4 Critical Correspondences of Pedagogical Capacity Chapter 8 Chapter 5 Context and Collaboration as Pedagogical Capacity Chapter 9 Chapter 6 Institutionalization of Teaching and Learning Innovation Chapter 10 Chapter 7 The Multidimensionality of Capacity for Teaching and Learning Innovations Chapter 11 References Chapter 12 Index Chapter 13 About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761854432 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- The Audacity to Teach! is developed from a study of an inner city, urban elementary school that has undergone serial comprehensive reforms. Each act of reform has promised to bring about certain changes that would/will in return improve this particular school. This book explores critical issues such as: (1) the language of student achievement and accountability, (2) the politics and policies that inform the processes of schooling and school reform, and (3) the role of leadership in schools (including teacher leadership). Each of these evolves from a serious examination of capacity as the dynamic nexus between teaching innovations and student learning. This book is intended for teachers, school administrators, policy makers, and academics who are interested in understanding school improvement and effectiveness; it provides commonsense recommendations for the future direction of American education that aim to promote student success.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761854432 20160606
- Publication date
- 9780761854432 (pbk.)
- 0761854436 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: