Impacts of cultural capital on student college choice process in China
- Lan Gao.
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2011.
- Physical description
- viii, 215 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Emerging perspectives on education in China.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC191 .G26 2011||Unknown|
- Gao, Lan.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 201-212) and index.
- Chapter 1. Introduction Chapter 2. Literature Review and Empirical Research Chapter 3. Models of Student College Choice Chapter 4. Social Stratification and Higher Education Opportunities in China Chapter 5. Research Design Chapter 6. Introduction of Wuhu and the Two High Schools Chapter 7. Fuzhong High School Students Chapter 8. Nancheng High School Students Chapter 9. Cross Case Analysis Chapter 10. Findings, Limitations, and Implications.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780739134412 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- Educational researchers have long been concerned about the factors that influence the patterns of attendance in higher education and the extent to which higher education has been accessible to all students regardless of their socioeconomic status. Extensive research has indicated that a variety of class-related factors, such as cultural capital, social capital, and economic capital, exert remarkable impacts on the amount and type of education that one receives. Drawing on cultural capital theory, this study aims at analyzing how students' college choice process varies by social class in China. By exploring different cultural and financial factors that influence different stages of students' college choice process, this study hopes to contribute to identifying the most appropriate policies and practices for raising the representation of students from the lowest social class among college participants.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780739134412 20160606
- Publication date
- Emerging perspectives on education in China
- 9780739134412 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0739134418 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780739134436 (ebk.)
- 0739134434 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: