Gaining on the gap : changing hearts, minds, and practice
- Robert G. Smith ... [et al.].
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 192 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LC2717 .G35 2011
- Unknown LC2717 .G35 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword Preface Introduction Chapter One: The Context Chapter Two: Creating Organization Conditions to Close Achievement Gaps Chapter Three: Can Schools Eliminate Gaps? Chapter Four: Fixing the System, Not the Kids Chapter Five: The Perfect Storm: Capitalizing on Synergy Chapter Six: Facilitating Conversations About Race Chapter Seven: Teaching Across Cultures Chapter Eight: System-Level Buy-In: A Case Study Chapter Nine: Gaining on the Gap: Progress, Themes, and Lessons Learned Afterword.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Gaining on the Gap: Changing Hearts, Minds, and Practice serves as a guide along the journey taken by six individuals who each played a role in moving a school system along a path where race would not be a predictor for academic success. Join us as we share insights to challenges and victories as well as a close look at our own personal and professional growth.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "Published in Partnership with the American Association of School Administrators."
- 9781610482882 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610482883 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610482899 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610482891 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610482905 (ebk.)
- 1610482905 (ebk.)