Increasing effectiveness of the community college financial model : a global perspective for the global economy
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 296 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- International & development education.
LB2328 .I625 2011
- Unknown LB2328 .I625 2011
- Sutin, Stewart E.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword-- G.Boggs PART I: AN ANALYTICAL FRAMEWORK A Changing World and Community College-- S.Sutin, D.Derrico, R.Latiner Raby & E.J.Valeau Global and National Context-- R.Raby & E.Valeau Global and National Context-- R.Raby & E.Valeau The Role of Transformative and Effective Leadership: Current Leaders Views for Finance Reform-- R.Frost Systemic Change, Approval Processes and Governance: The Role of the Board of Trustees-- E.Valeau, H.Shannon & J.J.Carreon Strategic Planning, Educational Priorities and Resource Allocation: Connecting the Dots-- J.Yeager & B.Trettel Aligning Mission, Annual Goals, Budget & Accountability-- D.Derrico & S.Sutin Budget Creation: Best Practices-- D.Dericco Performance Metrics in a Results-Driven Environent-- E.Valeau & R.Raby Facilities Management-- C.Moran Expense Containment: Concets and Tools-- D.Derrico Reduce Reliance on Public Funding: The Place Where Creativity and Practicality Converge-- S.Sutin PART II: CASE STUDIES Creating an Expense Management Culture: Case Study of CCAC 2002-2003-- S.Sutin Revenue Generation through Training a Global Workforce-- G.Nixon The Planning and Implementation of the $450,000,000 Voter-Approved Capital Bond Issue for the Alamo Community College District-- J.Strybos Community College Financing through Economic Development and Workforce Development in Iowa-- J.Friedel & M.D.Eisner Foundations in Small Colleges: A Study of Practice in a Rural State-- R.Frost Making College Affordable Again: A Design from the Oregon CCL-- R.Frost A 'Value-Added' International Education Department: How One College Built Institutional Culture and New Revenue Streams-- R.Frost Using Return on Investment to Make Student Success Related Decisions-- P.Anglin Using Student Government to Change Internal Finances that Internaionalize the Campus-- M.Giammarella Effective Skills for Developing MBA in FE Leadership in the United Kingdom-- G.Hall Applying the New Model: Measuring Success of an Improved Global Financial Model-- S.Sutin, D.Derrico, R.Latiner Raby & E.J.Valeau.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book seeks to explore thematic and pragmatic applications of financing the community college to help facilitate educational reform, to assist efforts related to internationalization, and to create systemic support systems to maintain the mission.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Stewart E. Sutin... [et al.].
- International and development education
- 9780230105362 (hbk.)
- 023010536X (hbk.)