Introduction to membrane science and technology
- Heinrich Strathmann.
- Weinheim, Germany : Wiley-VCH Verlag & Co., c2011.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 473 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|TP159 .M4 S77 2011||Unknown|
- Strathmann, H.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface Symbols INTRODUCTION Overview of Membrane Science and Technology History of Membranes Science and Technology Advantages and Limitations of Membrane Processes The Membrane-Based Industry: Its Structures and Markets Future Developments in Membrane Science and Technology Summary FUNDAMENTALS Introduction Definition of Terms Fundamentals of Mass Transport in Membranes and Membrane Processes Mathematical Description of Mass Transport in Membranes MEMBRANE PREPARATION AND CHARACTERIZATION Introduction Membrane Materials Preparation of Membranes Membrane Characterization PRINCIPLES OF MEMBRANE SEPARATION PROCESSSES Introduction The Principle of Membrane Filtration Processes The Principle of Gas and Vapor Separation The Principle of Dialysis The Principle of Electromembrane Processes The Principle of Membrane Contactors Membrane Reactors Membrane-Based Controlled Release of Active Agents MEMBRANE MODULES AND CONCENTRATION POLARIZATION Introduction Membrane Modules Concentration Polarization and Membrane Fouling MEMBRANE PROCESS DESIGN AND OPERATION Introduction Membrane Filtration Processes Gas Separation Pervaporation Dialysis Electrodialysis and Related Processes APPENDIX A APPENDIX B.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527324514 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- Written by a dedicated lecturer and leading membrane scientist, who has worked both in academia and industry, this advanced textbook provides an impressive overview of all aspects of membranes and their applications. Together with numerous industrial case studies, practical examples and questions, the book provides an excellent and comprehensive introduction to the topic. Advanced students as well as process and chemical engineers working in industry will profit from this resource. A significant feature of the book is the treatment of more recently developed membranes and their applications in energy conversion, biomedical components, controlled release devices and environmental engineering with an indication of the present and future commercial impact. The solutions to the questions in the book can be found under http://www.wiley-vch.de/publish/en/books/ISBN3-537-32451-8/ From the Contents: * Introduction * Fundamentals * Membrane Preparation and Characterization * Principles of Membrane Separation Processes * Membrane Modules and Concentration Polarization * Membrane Process Design and Operation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527324514 20160606
- Membranes (Technology)
- Publication date
- 9783527324514 (hbk.)
- 3527324518 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: