Handbook of inorganic compounds
- Dale L. Perry.
- 2nd ed.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xxvii, 553 p. ; 29 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
QD155.5 .H36 2011
- Unknown QD155.5 .H36 2011
- Perry, Dale L.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Inorganic Compound Data CAS Registry Number Index Molecular Formula Index Name/Synonym Index Selected Reference Books for Inorganic Chemistry.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This updated edition of the Handbook of Inorganic Compounds is the perfect reference for anyone that needs property data for compounds, CASRN numbers for computer or other searches, a consistent tabulation of molecular weights to synthesize inorganic materials on a laboratory scale, or data related to physical and chemical properties. Fully revised, the second edition includes new data on inorganic optical materials, radiation detection inorganics, thermochromic compounds, piezochromic compounds, catalysts, superconductors, and luminescent (fluorescent and phosphorescent) inorganics. Compiled for chemists, chemical engineers, materials scientists, and other scientists, this handbook provides: * Basic, essential property data for compounds that they wish to use in their database compilations, research, and applications work * American Chemical Society (ACS) Chemical Abstract Registry Numbers (RNs, or CAS numbers) for computer and other searches. An effort has been made to include CAS numbers for both hydrated chemical compounds and their parent anhydrous compounds * A tabulation of molecular weights for calculations. In this handbook, molecular weights have been calculated to three decimal places in all cases * Textbook and inorganic chemistry resource books The Handbook of Inorganic Compounds: Second Edition consists of data for 3,326 selected gas, liquid, and solid compounds, including representative compounds of several different classes of compounds. Choices of compounds were based on criteria such as inclusion of the compounds in various handbooks of laboratory chemicals, discussion in recent research publications, compounds important to inorganic materials chemistry, and comments of the Advisory Committee guiding the production of the first edition of the handbook.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Inorganic compounds
- Rev. ed. of: Handbook of inorganic compounds / edited by Dale L. Perry, Sidney L. Phillips.
- Related Work
- Handbook of inorganic compounds.
- 9781439814611 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1439814619 (hbk. : alk. paper)