Fundamentals of organometallic catalysis
- Dirk Steinborn ; [translator, Alan Frenkel].
- English. Translated from the German.
- Weinheim : Wiley-VCH, c2012.
- Physical description
- xvii, 456 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|QD505 .S74 2012||Unknown|
- Steinborn, Dirk.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 407-437) and indexes.
- Preface INTRODUCTION The Beginnings of Catalytic Research The Catalysis Definitions of Berzelius and Ostwald PRINCIPLES OF ORGANOMETALLIC CATALYSIS Homogeneous versus Heterogeneous Catalysis Catalytic Cycles Activity and Productivity of Catalysts Selectivity and Specificity of Catalysts Determination of Catalytic Mechanisms Glossary for Catalysis The Development of Organometallic Catalysis ELEMENTARY STEPS IN ORGANOMETALLIC CATALYSIS Cleavage and Coordination of Ligands Oxidative Addition and Reductive Elimination Oxidative Coupling and Reductive Cleavage Olefin Insertion and Beta-Hydrogen Elimination Alpha-Hydrogen Elimination and Carbene Insertion Reactions Addition of Nucleophiles and Heterolytic Fragmentation Insertion and Extrusion of CO One-Electron Reduction and Oxidation HYDROGENATION OF OLEFINS Introduction The Wilkinson Catalyst Enantioselective Hydrogenation Dihydrogen Complexes and H2 Activation Transfer Hydrogenation HYDROFORMYLATION OF OLEFINS AND FISCHER-TROPSCH SYNTHESIS Cobalt Catalysts Phosphane-Modified Rhodium Catalysts Enantioselective Hydroformylation Significance of Hydroformylation and Outlook The Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis CARBONYLATION OF METHANOL AND WATER-GAS SHIFT REACTION Principles The Monsanto Process Synthesis of Acetic Anhydride The Cativa Process Water-Gas Shift Reaction and Carbon Monoxide Dehydrogenases METATHESIS Metathesis of Olefins Metathesis of Alkynes Enyne Metathesis Delta-Bond Metathesis Metathesis of Alanes OLIGOMERIZATION OF OLEFINS Ziegler Growth Reaction Nickel Effect and Nickel-Catalyzed Dimerization of Ethene Trimerization of Ethene Shell Higher Olefin and Alpha-Sablin Processes POLYMERIZATION OF OLEFINS Introduction Ethene Polymerization Propene Polymerization Metallocene Catalysts Nonmetallocene Catalysts Copolymerization of Olefins and CO C-C LINKAGE OF DIENES Introduction Allyl and Butadiene Complexes Organometallic Elementary Steps of Allyl Ligands Oligomerization and Telomerization of Butadiene Polymerization of Butadiene C-C COUPLING REACTIONS Palladium-Catalyzed Cross-Coupling Reactions The Heck Reaction Palladium-Catalyzed Allylic Alkylation HYDROCYANATION, HYDROSILYLATION, AND HYDROAMINATION OF OLEFINS Introduction Hydrocyanation Hydrosilylation Hydroamination OXIDATION OF OLEFINS AND ALKANES The Wacker Process Epoxidation of Olefins C-H Functionalization of Alkanes NITROGEN FIXATION Fundamentals Heterogeneously Catalyzed Nitrogen Fixation Enzyme-Catalyzed Nitrogen Fixation Homogeneously Catalyzed Nitrogen Fixation.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527327171 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- Clearly structured and written with advanced undergraduate, graduate and PhD students in mind, this English edition of a successful German textbook not only focuses on organic reactions, but also on bio-relevant reactions. Important aspects of the catalytic mechanisms are discussed in detail while much additional information is also provided, such as industrial applications of the processes covered. With its many questions and answers included in all chapters at different knowledge levels, this book is also ideal for self-testing before exams.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783527327171 20160606
- Publication date
- 9783527327171 (pbk.)
- 3527327177 (pbk.)
- 9783527327164 (hbk.)
- 3527327169 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: