Chemistry : the molecular nature of matter and change
- Martin S. Silberberg.
- 6th ed.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxx, 1021,  p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|QD33.2 .S55 2012||Unknown|
- Silberberg, Martin S. (Martin Stuart), 1945-
- Chemistry: The Molecular Nature of Matter and Change 1 Keys to the Study of Chemistry 2The Components of Matter 3 Stoichiometry of Formulas and Equations 4 The Major Classes of Chemical Reactions 5 Gases and the Kinetic-Molecular Theory 6 Thermochemistry: Energy Flow and Chemical Change 7 Quantum Theory and Atomic Structure 8 Electron Configuration and Chemical Periodicity 9Models of Chemical Bonding 10 The Shapes of Molecules 11 Theories of Covalent Bonding 12 Intermolecular Forces: Liquids, Solids, and Phase Changes 13 The Properties of Mixtures: Solutions and Colloids Interchapter: A Perspective on the Properties of the Elements 14 Periodic Patterns in the Main-Group Elements: Bonding, Structure, and Reactivity 15 Organic Compounds and the Atomic Properties of Carbon 16 Kinetics: Rates and Mechanisms of Chemical Reactions 17 Equilibrium: The Extent of Chemical Reactions 18 Acid-Base Equilibria 19 Ionic Equilibria in Aqueous Systems 20 Thermodynamics: Entropy, Free Energy, and the Direction of Chemical Reactions 21 Electrochemistry: Chemical Change and Electrical Work 22 The Elements in Nature and Industry 23 The Transition Elements and Their Coordination Compounds 24 Nuclear Reactions and Their Applications Appendix ACommon Mathematical Operations in Chemistry Appendix BStandard Thermodynamic Values for Selected Substances at 298 K Appendix CEquilibrium Constants at 298 K Appendix DStandard Electrode (Half-Cell) Potentials at 298 K.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073402659 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- For five editions, the Silberberg brand has been recognized in the general chemistry market as an unparalleled classic. The sixth edition has been changed in many ways to keep pace with the evolution of student learning. The text still contains unprecedented macroscopic-to-microscopic molecular illustrations, consistent step-by-step worked exercises in every chapter, and an extensive range of end-of-chapter problems, which provide engaging applications covering a wide variety of interests, including engineering, medicine, materials, and environmental studies. Changes have been made to the text and applications throughout to make them more succinct, to the artwork to make it more teachable and modern, and to the design to make it more simplistic and open.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780073402659 20160606
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9780073402659 (hard copy : alk. paper)
- 0073402656 (hard copy : alk. paper)
- 9780076593545 (reinforced binding)
- 0076593541 (reinforced binding)
Browse related items
Start at call number: