Chemical technicians' ready reference handbook
- Jack T. Ballinger, Gershon J. Shugar ; consulting editors, Barry A. Ballinger, Clinton T. Ballinger.
- 5th ed.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2011.
- Physical description
- xxx, 668 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|QD61 .S58 2011||In-library use|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1. Chemical Process Industry Workers and Government Regulations Chapter 2. Chemical Plant and Laboratory Safety Chapter 3. Chemical Handling and Hazard Communication Chapter 4. Handling Compressed Gases Chapter 5. Pressure and Vacuum Chapter 6. Mathematics Review and Conversion Tables Chapter 7. Standard Operating Procedures Chapter 8. Laboratory Glassware Chapter 9. pH Measurement Chapter 10. Basic Electricity Chapter 11. Sampling Chapter 12. Laboratory Filtration Chapter 13. Recrystallization Chapter 14. The Balance Chapter 15. Gravimetric Analysis Chapter 16. Preparation of Solutions Chapter 17. Process Analyzers Chapter 18. Plumbing, Valves, and Pumps Chapter 19. Physical Properties and Determinations Chapter 20. Extraction Chapter 21. Distillation and Evaporation Chapter 22. Inorganic Chemistry Review Chapter 23. Organic Chemistry Review Chapter 24. Chemical Calculation and Concentration Expressions Chapter 25. Volumetric Analysis Chapter 26. Chromatography Chapter 27. Spectroscopy Chapter 28. Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy Appendix A. Commonly Used Abbreviations Appendix B. Physical Properties of Water Appendix C. Glossary of Chemical Process Terms Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780071745925 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- The definitive reference on laboratory safety, analytical procedures, and instrumentation techniques for the modern chemical laboratory Hailed in previous editions for its scope, depth of coverage, and concise, step-by-step directions for performing virtually every laboratory task, Chemical Technicians' Ready Reference Handbook, Fifth Edition remains the undisputed classic in the field. The book has been updated to reflect the latest developments in operational procedures for today's sophisticated chemical technologies and includes new chapters for the chemical process technician. Coverage includes: The role of the chemical process operator Plant safety and standard operating procedures Process sampling procedures and analyzers Bulk chemical and large-scale gas handing Process and unit operations Expanded electrical practice and troubleshooting Fluid mechanics and plumbing Basic heat and work theory New to the Fifth Edition: New calculations that show how and where energy can be conserved and reused to reduce fuel consumption and operating costs New calculations on controlling greenhouse gas and carbon dioxide emissions Numerous new wastewater calculation SI and US customary units throughout New information for chemical process technicians Complete coverage: The Chemical Technician; Laboratory and Plant Safety; Handling Chemicals and Solutions; Handling Compressed Gases; Pressure and Vacuum; Review of Scientific Mathematics; Good Laboratory Practices; Microprocessors and Computers; Measuring Temperatures in the Laboratory; Laboratory Heating and Cooling Techniques; Laboratory Mechanical Agitation; Laboratory Filtration; Recrystallization; The Balance; Sampling and Gravimetric Analysis; Laboratory Glassware; Plastic Labware; Laboratory Tools and Hardware; Physical Properties and Determinations; Laboratory Extraction Techniques; Process Operations; Fundamentals of Chemistry; Organic Chemistry; Chemical Calculations and Preparation of Solutions; Volumetric Analysis; pH; Basic Electricity; The Electromotive Series; The Electromagnetic Spectrum; Visible and Ultraviolet Spectroscopy; Infrared Spectroscopy; Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy; Fluid Mechanics and Plumbing; Heat and Work; Radioactivity; Gas Chromatography; Liquid Chromatography; Electrophoresis; First Aid and Emergency Treatment.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780071745925 20160606
- Publication date
- "Expanded to include coverage for process operators"--cover.
- Related Work
- Shugar, Gershon J., 1918- Chemical technicians' ready reference handbook.
- 9780071745925 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- 0071745920 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: