Handbook for K-8 arts integration : purposeful planning across the curriculum
- McDonald, Nan (Nan Leslie), 1950-
- Boston, Mass. : Pearson/Allyn & Bacon, c2010.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 213 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
N361 .M38 2010
- Unknown N361 .M38 2010
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- What are the arts, their standards, and their impact on student learning?
- What students need to know
- What students already know
- Selecting resources
- Unpacking the arts standards' big ideas
- Arts within my classroom and beyond.
- Publisher's Summary
- Book study groups and professional learning communties, save 15% when you order 10 copies of Handbook for K-8 Arts Integration, a $490 value for $413. Contact your representative for details. If you are a pre-service or a practicing teacher this is one book you will want in your library. This concise and practical, yet research-based, handbook will show you how to create and use standards-based art activities to teach across the content areas. Written in an engaging and practical format complete with classroom vignettes and examples you will learn see what arts integration looks like in practice. Utlizing a constructive and reflective process (purposeful planning) this handbook empowers teachers to plan, teach, and evaluate thier own art-infused lessons linked to what their students will need to know within other content area instruction.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Nan L. McDonald.
- Title Variation
- K-8 arts integration
- 9780136138136 (pbk.)
- 0136138136 (pbk.)