Blow-up in nonlinear Sobolev type equations
- Alexander B. Alʹshin, Maxim O. Korpusov, Alexey G. Sveshnikov.
- Berlin ; New York : De Gruyter, c2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 648 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- De Gruyter series in nonlinear analysis and applications ; 15.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA378 .A47 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -646) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The monograph is devoted to the study of initial-boundary-value problems for multi-dimensional Sobolev-type equations over bounded domains. The authors consider both specific initial-boundary-value problems and abstract Cauchy problems for first-order (in the time variable) differential equations with nonlinear operator coefficients with respect to spatial variables. The main aim of the monograph is to obtain sufficient conditions for global (in time) solvability, to obtain sufficient conditions for blow-up of solutions at finite time, and to derive upper and lower estimates for the blow-up time. The monograph contains a vast list of references (440 items) and gives an overall view of the contemporary state-of-the-art of the mathematical modeling of various important problems arising in physics. Since the list of references contains many papers which have been published previously only in Russian research journals, it may also serve as a guide to the Russian literature.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783110255294 20160605
- Publication date
- De Gruyter series in nonlinear analysis and applications ; 15
- 9783110255270 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- 3110255278 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- 9783110255294 (ebk.)
- 3110255294 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: