Stein manifolds and holomorphic mappings : the homotopy principle in complex analysis
- Franc Forstnerič.
- New York : Springer, c2011.
- Physical description
- x, 489 p. ; 24 cm.
- Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete v. 56.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA612.7 .F67 2011||Unknown|
- Forstnerič, Franc.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 461-483) and index.
- Preliminaries. - Stein Manifolds. - Stein Neighborhoods and Holomorphic Approximation. - Automorphisms of Complex Euclidean Spaces. - Oka Manifolds. - Elliptic Complex Geometry and Oka Principle. - Applications. - Embeddings, Immersions and Submersions.- Topological Methods in Stein Geometry. - References. - Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642222498 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- The main theme of this book is the homotopy principle for holomorphic mappings from Stein manifolds to the newly introduced class of Oka manifolds. The book contains the first complete account of Oka-Grauert theory and its modern extensions, initiated by Mikhail Gromov and developed in the last decade by the author and his collaborators. Included is the first systematic presentation of the theory of holomorphic automorphisms of complex Euclidean spaces, a survey on Stein neighborhoods, connections between the geometry of Stein surfaces and Seiberg-Witten theory, and a wide variety of applications ranging from classical to contemporary.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642222498 20160605
- Publication date
- Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete. 3. Folge / A Series of Modern Surveys in Mathematics ; v.56
- 3642222501 (electronic bk.)
- 9783642222504 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: