Biocomplexity thesaurus [electronic resource].
- [Reston, Va.] : NBII, National Biological Information Infrastructure.
- Life sciences > Terminology.
- Biology > Terminology.
- Pollution > Terminology.
- Environmental sciences > Terminology.
- Sociology > Terminology.
- Ecotourism > Terminology.
- Fire ecology > Terminology.
- Fire management > Terminology.
- Biological Science Disciplines.
- Environmental Health.
- Subject Headings.
- Database topics
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Also known as: CSA-NBII Biocomplexity Thesaurus
- Updated irregularly
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2003.
- The Biocomplexity thesaurus is a merger of five thesauri: the CSA Aquatic sciences and fisheries thesaurus; the CSA life sciences thesaurus; the CSA pollution thesaurus; the CSA sociological thesaurus; and the CERES/NBII thesaurus. In 2004, the CSA Ecotourism Thesaurus was also merged into the Biocomplexity Thesaurus. In 2008, the NBII expanded the Biocomplexity Thesaurus to include terminology that supports the fire ecology and management communities.
- Title from title screen (viewed Nov. 5, 2003).
- Developed through a partnership between the NBII and ProQuest (formerly CSA). Merging and reconciliation of terms was performed by Jessica Milstead.
- Site originally developed and maintained by CSA and the Center for Biological Informatics of the U.S. Geological Survey. In 2007, the National Biological Information Infrastructure (NBII) assumed editorial management of the Thesaurus; in 2012, the USGS Core Science Analytics & Synthesis (CSAS) Program assumed editorial management.