The highly qualified teacher : what is teacher quality and how do we measure it?
- Michael Strong.
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- ix, 155 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3051 .S882 2011||Unknown|
- Strong, Michael, 1945-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 123-142) and index.
- The occupation of teaching
- What do we mean by teacher quality?
- Teacher quality research
- Measuring teacher quality
- Experiments in the identification of successful teachers
- Conclusion: Implications from the evidence.
- Publisher's Summary
- This timely book introduces a new method for evaluating teachers based on extensive fieldwork in schools. The author thoroughly examines the empirical evidence responsible for identifying the qualities associated with positive student outcomes, including observational measures that are able to predict a teachers ability to raise student achievement in mathematics. This volume is for anyone wrestling with the federal mandate to provide a highly qualified teacher in every classroom.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780807752265 20160605
- Publication date
- 9780807752258 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0807752258 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780807752265 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 0807752266 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: