Seaweeds of the British Isles : a collaborative project of the British Phycological Society and the Natural History Museum
- [Exeter] : Pelagic Publishing ; London : Natural History Museum, 2011-
- Physical description
- volumes : illustrations ; 21 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: v.1:pt.1, v.1:pt.2A-
|QK573 .D59 2011 V.1:PT.1||Unknown|
|QK573 .D59 2011 V.1:PT.2A||Unknown|
|QK573 .D59 2011 V.1:PT.2B||Unknown|
|QK573 .D59 2011 V.1:PT.3A||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Volume 1. Rhodophyta : part 1. Introduction, Nemaliales, Gigartinales
- part 2A. Cryptonemiales (sensu stricto), Palmariales, Rhodymeniales
- part 2B. Corallinales, Hildenbrandiales
- part 3A. Ceramiales.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book covers the species att ributed to the orders Cryptonemiales, Palmariales and Rhodymeniales. Each species description incorporates notes on ecology and distribution and is supported by one or more line illustrations. Keys to aid identification are also included. This is a reprint edition of 0-565-00871-4.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781907807091 20160605
- This volume is written by leading authorities in red algae. All subfamilies, genera and species are described, notes on ecology and distribution given, and each named species is illustrated by one or more half-tones or line drawings showing distinctive features. User-friendly keys are provided to enable identifi cation of genera and species. Special features of this volume are the concise but comprehensive and practical introduction and a complete re-evaluation of British Isles taxa in consultation with other international specialists. In addition, one new species and three new combinations are proposed. This is a reprint edition of 0-11-310016-7 published in 1984.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781907807107 20160605
- The first of three parts comprising Volume 1, this book covers the orders Nemaliales and Gigartinales. A general introduction to the Rhodophyta deals with such topics as morphology, reproduction and economic utilization. Each species is then described and illustrated and notes on the ecology and distribution are given. Keys to aid identification are also included. The synthesis of many years' research carried out by members of the British Phycological Society in collaboration with the Natural History Museum, London, this series of books covers all the British and the majority of northern Atlantic seaweeds. Welcome reissue of an important book (978 0 113 10000 2) first published in 1977 and long out of print.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781907807084 20160605
- Beginning date
- Originally published: London : Natural History Museum, 1977-.
- 9781907807084 (volume 1, part 1)
- 190780708X (volume 1, part 1)
- 9781907807091 (volume 1, part 2A)
- 1907807098 (volume 1, part 2A)
- 9781907807107 (volume 1, part 2B)
- 1907807101 (volume 1, part 2B)
- 9781907807718 (volume 1, part 3A)
- 1907807713 (volume 1, part 3A)
Browse related items
Start at call number: