Seaweeds of the British Isles : a collaborative project of the British Phycological Society and the Natural History Museum
- [Exeter] : Pelagic Publishing ; London : Natural History Museum, 2011-
- Physical description
- volumes : illustrations ; 21 cm
Biology Library (Falconer)
Library has: v.1:pt.1, v.1:pt.2A-
|QK573 .D59 2011 V.1:PT.1||Unknown|
|QK573 .D59 2011 V.1:PT.2A||Unknown|
|QK573 .D59 2011 V.1:PT.2B||Unknown|
|QK573 .D59 2011 V.1:PT.3A||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Volume 1. Rhodophyta : part 1. Introduction, Nemaliales, Gigartinales
- part 2A. Cryptonemiales (sensu stricto), Palmariales, Rhodymeniales
- part 2B. Corallinales, Hildenbrandiales
- part 3A. Ceramiales.
- Publisher's Summary
- The first of three parts comprising Volume 1, this book covers the orders Nemaliales and Gigartinales. A general introduction to the Rhodophyta deals with such topics as morphology, reproduction and economic utilization. Each species is then described and illustrated and notes on the ecology and distribution are given. Keys to aid identification are also included. The synthesis of many years' research carried out by members of the British Phycological Society in collaboration with the Natural History Museum, London, this series of books covers all the British and the majority of northern Atlantic seaweeds. Welcome reissue of an important book (978 0 113 10000 2) first published in 1977 and long out of print.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Beginning date
- Originally published: London : Natural History Museum, 1977-.
- 9781907807084 (volume 1, part 1)
- 190780708X (volume 1, part 1)
- 9781907807091 (volume 1, part 2A)
- 1907807098 (volume 1, part 2A)
- 9781907807107 (volume 1, part 2B)
- 1907807101 (volume 1, part 2B)
- 9781907807718 (volume 1, part 3A)
- 1907807713 (volume 1, part 3A)
Browse related items
Start at call number: