A new reference grammar of modern Spanish
- John Butt & Carmen Benjamin.
- 5th ed.
- Abingdon, Oxon : Hodder Education, 2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 591 p. ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PC4112 .B88 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface to the fifth edition Conventions, spelling and abbreviations 1. Gender of nouns 2. Plural of nouns 3. Articles 4. Adjectives 5. Comparison of adjectives and adverbs 6. Demonstrative adjectives and pronouns 7. Neuter article and neuter pronouns 8. Possessive adjectives and pronouns 9. Miscellaneous adjectives and pronouns 10. Numerals 11. Personal pronouns 12. Le/les and lo/la/los/las 13. Forms of Spanish verbs 14. Use of indicative (non-continuous) verb forms 15. Continuous forms of the verb 16. The subjunctive 17. The imperative 18. The infinitive 19. Participles 20. The gerund 21. Modal auxiliary verbs 22. Personal a 23. Negation 24. Interrogation and exclamations 25. Conditional sentences 26. Pronominal verbs 27. Verbs of becoming 28. Passive and impersonal sentences 29. Ser and estar 30. Existential sentences 31. Adverbs 32. Expressions of time 33. Conjunctions and discourse markers 34. Prepositions 35. Relative clauses and relative pronouns 36. Nominalizers and cleft sentences 37. Word order 38. Diminutive, augmentative and pejorative suffixes 39. Spelling, accent rules, punctuation and word division Glossary of grammatical terms Bibliography and sources Index of English words Index of Spanish words and grammatical points.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781444137699 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- For many years A NEW REFERENCE GRAMMAR OF MODERN SPANISH has been trusted by students and teachers as the standard English-language reference grammar of Spanish. Now updated to include the latest findings of the Royal Spanish Academy's official grammar book, 'La Nueva gramA!tica de la lengua espaA+-ola', making A NEW REFERENCE GRAMMAR OF MODERN SPANISH FIFTH EDITION even more relevant to students and teachers of Spanish. Key features of this fifth edition include: * a 'Guide to the Book', enabling you to make the most of this new edition * new vocabulary such as topical and technological terms, bringing you up-to-date with contemporary spoken Spanish * more Latin-American Spanish, ensuring world-wide coverage * aclearer guidance to recommended usage -advice on the Academy's latest spelling rules. Whether a student or a teacher of Spanish, you can be sure that this fifth edition of A NEW REFERENCE GRAMMAR OF MODERN SPANISH will provide you with a comprehensive, cohesive and clear guide to the forms and structures of Spanish as it is written and spoken today in Spain and Latin America.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781444137699 20160605
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: