A new reference grammar of modern Spanish
- John Butt & Carmen Benjamin.
- 5th ed.
- Abingdon, Oxon : Hodder Education, 2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 591 p. ; 25 cm.
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PC4112 .B88 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface to the fifth edition Conventions, spelling and abbreviations
- 1. Gender of nouns
- 2. Plural of nouns
- 3. Articles
- 4. Adjectives
- 5. Comparison of adjectives and adverbs
- 6. Demonstrative adjectives and pronouns
- 7. Neuter article and neuter pronouns
- 8. Possessive adjectives and pronouns
- 9. Miscellaneous adjectives and pronouns
- 10. Numerals
- 11. Personal pronouns
- 12. Le/les and lo/la/los/las
- 13. Forms of Spanish verbs
- 14. Use of indicative (non-continuous) verb forms
- 15. Continuous forms of the verb
- 16. The subjunctive
- 17. The imperative
- 18. The infinitive
- 19. Participles
- 20. The gerund
- 21. Modal auxiliary verbs
- 22. Personal a
- 23. Negation
- 24. Interrogation and exclamations
- 25. Conditional sentences
- 26. Pronominal verbs
- 27. Verbs of becoming
- 28. Passive and impersonal sentences
- 29. Ser and estar
- 30. Existential sentences
- 31. Adverbs
- 32. Expressions of time
- 33. Conjunctions and discourse markers
- 34. Prepositions
- 35. Relative clauses and relative pronouns
- 36. Nominalizers and cleft sentences
- 37. Word order
- 38. Diminutive, augmentative and pejorative suffixes
- 39. Spelling, accent rules, punctuation and word division Glossary of grammatical terms Bibliography and sources Index of English words Index of Spanish words and grammatical points.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
For many years A NEW REFERENCE GRAMMAR OF MODERN SPANISH has been trusted by students and teachers as the standard English-language reference grammar of Spanish. Now updated to include the latest findings of the Royal Spanish Academy's official grammar book, 'La Nueva gramA!tica de la lengua espaA+-ola', making A NEW REFERENCE GRAMMAR OF MODERN SPANISH FIFTH EDITION even more relevant to students and teachers of Spanish. Key features of this fifth edition include: * a 'Guide to the Book', enabling you to make the most of this new edition * new vocabulary such as topical and technological terms, bringing you up-to-date with contemporary spoken Spanish * more Latin-American Spanish, ensuring world-wide coverage * aclearer guidance to recommended usage -advice on the Academy's latest spelling rules. Whether a student or a teacher of Spanish, you can be sure that this fifth edition of A NEW REFERENCE GRAMMAR OF MODERN SPANISH will provide you with a comprehensive, cohesive and clear guide to the forms and structures of Spanish as it is written and spoken today in Spain and Latin America.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: