A Winter tale, art for social change
- produced & directed by Mary Wells.
- [St. Michael, Barbados] : CaribbeanTales, [2008?], © 2008.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (NTSC, 33 min.) : DVD video, recorded DVD sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Wells, Mary (Filmmaker) film director, film producer.
- ["\"Mary Wells is a Jamaican filmmaker who has made a short film in response to Frances-Anne Solomon's launch of A Winter Tale (AWT) in Jamaica in 2008. There is a great deal of similarity between the story told in A Winter Tale and the present-day realities of crime and gun violence in Jamaica. Mary Wells' short documentary introduces us to Michael, an inner-city Kingstonian youth who attends the film's launch. Michael is so moved by the film's relevance to his own life that he decides to take the initiative to arrange a screening of it for his community.\"--Container."]
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Title on menu: A Winter tale for social change
- Title on disc label and container: Art for social change
- Originally produced in Jamaica as a motion picture and released in 2008.
- Wide screen 1.33:1.
- Includes trailers for other films.
- Production Credits
- Editor, Narada Hepburn.
- All region.
Browse related items
Start at call number: