Systemization in foreign language teaching : monitoring content progression
- Wilfried Decoo.
- New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical description
- xx, 373 p. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge research in education 40.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PE1128 .A2 D426 2011||Unknown|
- Decoo, Wilfried, 1946-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -355) and index.
- 1. Introduction 2. Of Concepts and Connotations 3. Content Systemization in Historical Perspective 4. Since the 1970s: The Council of Europe's Systemic Approaches 5. Vocabulary: The Substance of Progressive Content 6. Functions of Systemization 7. Defining and Codifying Content 8. Selecting and Structuring Content 9. Supplemental Output of Systemized Material 10. Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415361934 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- Foreign language learning is a progressive endeavor. Whatever the method, the learner should advance from one point to another, constantly improving. Growing proficiency entails growing language content. Content is complex, displaying many dimensions. Syllabus designers, textbook authors, and teachers often struggle with the monitoring of content. Computer-assisted systemization helps to handle it in a manageable framework. Besides inventorying content, it ensures more balanced selections, calculated progression, and controlled reiteration of previously learned material. It gauges the usability of authentic material in relation to the level attained. During the teaching process, it allows the instant selection of items needed for a communicative situation, focus on forms, or particular exercises. This book first describes the theoretical background for systemization, including a historical overview, with special attention to the Common European Framework and the new Profiles and Referentials. Next the practical steps for computer-assisted implementation with examples taken from French and English, but applicable to any language.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415361934 20160606
- Publication date
- Routledge studies in education ; 40
- 9780415361934 (hbk.)
- 0415361931 (hbk.)
- 9780203012246 (ebk.)
- 0203012240 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: