The Greenwood dictionary of education
- 2nd ed.
- Santa Barbara, Calif. : Greenwood, c2011.
- Physical description
- xv, 581 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
LB15 .G68 2011
- In-library use LB15 .G68 2011
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 511-557).
- Publisher's Summary
- John W. Collins and Nancy Patricia O'Brien, coeditors of the first edition of The Greenwood Dictionary of Education published in 2003, have acknowledged and addressed these shifts. This revised second edition supplements the extensive content of the first through greater focus on subjects such as neurosciences in educational behavior, gaming strategies as a learning technique, social networking, and distance education. Terms have been revised, where necessary, to represent changes in educational practice and theory. The Dictionary's focus is on current and evolving terminology specific to the broad field of education, although terms from closely related fields used in the context of education are also included. Encompassing the history of education as well as its future trends, the updated second edition will aid in the understanding and use of terms as they apply to contemporary educational research, practice, and theory.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- John W. Collins III and Nancy Patricia O'Brien, editors.
- 9780313379307 (hbk.)
- 0313379300 (hbk.)
- 9780313379314 (ebk.)
- 0313379319 (ebk.)