Motivational interviewing for effective classroom management : the classroom check-up
- Wendy M. Reinke, Keith C. Herman, Randy Sprick.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 228 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Guilford practical intervention in the schools series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013 .R43 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 219-224) and index.
- Introduction to the Classroom Check-Up. Effective Classroom Behavior Management: What Is It and Why Is It Important? Ingredients of Effective Consultation. Motivational Interviewing Applied to Teacher Consultation. The Classroom Check-Up Classwide Consultation Model. Interview and Assessment. Feedback and Beyond. Developing Effective Strategies for Classroom Change. Other Applications and Future Directions. Appendices. Appendix A: Motivational Interviewing Form. Appendix B: Classroom Check-Up Interview and Observation Forms. Appendix C: Classroom Check-Up Feedback and Action Planning Forms. Appendix D: Intervention Planning Forms.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Highly accessible and user-friendly, this book focuses on helping K-12 teachers increase their use of classroom management strategies that work. It addresses motivational aspects of teacher consultation that are essential, yet often overlooked. The Classroom Check-Up is a step-by-step model for assessing teachers' organizational, instructional, and behavior management practices; helping them develop a menu of intervention options; and overcoming obstacles to change. Easy-to-learn motivational interviewing techniques are embedded throughout. In a large-size format with lay-flat binding to facilitate photocopying, the book includes more than 20 reproducible forms, checklists, and templates. This book will be important reading for school psychologists, special educators, and behavior specialists working in grades K-12; school- and district-level administrators. It may also serve as a text in such courses as Classroom/Behavioral Management and Behavioral Consultation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Classroom management.
- Publication date
- The Guilford practical intervention in the schools series
- 9781609182588 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 1609182588 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: