One day in the life of Andreĭ Arsenʹevich [videorecording]
- AMIP, La Sept Arte, INA, Arkeion Films present ; video footage, narrative, Chris Marker.
- English, Russian. Russian with English subtitles, with narration in English.
- Brooklyn, NY : Icarus Films, [2010?]
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (135 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Chris Marker's One day in the life of Andreĭ Arsenʹevich (55 min.) (1999)
- Sergey Dvortsevoy's In the dark (41 min.) (2004)
- Marina Goldovskaya's Three songs about motherland (39 min.) (2008).
One day in the life of Andreĭ Arsenʹevich : this documentary is a homage to post-War Russian filmmaker Andrei Tarkovsky by his friend and colleague renowned French filmmaker Chris Marker. Marker draws parallels between Tarkovsky's life and films, offering an original insight into the usually reclusive director. Incorporating extensive film clips, journal entries, personal musings, and behind-the-scenes footage of Tarkovsky obsessively commanding his entire crew and of candid moments with his friends and family, this is a personal and loving portrait of the monumental filmmaker.
In the dark: one day of an elderly blind man who lives in a small apartment in suburban Moscow with only his white cat to keep him company as he weaves baskets to give to strangers on the street.
- Three songs about motherland: documentary about Russia, situated in three different cities: Komsomolsk-on-Amur in the country's far east, the city of dreams; the metropolis Moscow, the city of sorrow; and the Siberian Khanty-Mansiysk, the city of hope. Respectively speaking, these cities are symbols of the country's past, present and future. The trilogy constitutes a sampling of a country in transition, told in little over 30 minutes.
- Tarkovskiĭ, Andreĭ Arsenʹevich, 1932-1986 > Criticism and interpretation.
- Tarkovskiĭ, Andreĭ Arsenʹevich, 1932-1986.
- Motion picture producers and directors > Soviet Union > Biography.
- Motion pictures > Soviet Union > History.
- Komsomolʹsk-na-Amure (Russia) > History > 20th century.
- Moscow (Russia) > History > 21st century.
- Politkovskai͡a, Anna > Assassination.
- Journalists > Russia (Federation)
- Khanty-Mansiĭsk (Russia)
- Patriotism > Russia (Federation)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Disc title: Chris Marker's One day in the life of Andreĭ Arsenʹevich
- Title from container.
- DVD includes two additional documentary shorts: In the dark (Making Movies, Kinodvor production; a film by Sergey Dvortsevoy; 2004) and Three songs about motherland (Alma Mater Productions ; written and directed by Marina Goldovskaya; 2008); in Russian with English subtitles.
- Production Credits
- Editing, Chris Marker.
- Andreĭ Tarkovskiĭ, voice, Alexandra Stewart.
- DVD, region 1, NTSC; Dolby Digital stereo.
- Related Work
- Cinéma de notre temps (Television program)
- Included Work
- In the dark.
- Three songs about motherland.
Browse related items
Start at call number: