Nonlinear dynamics near and far from equilibrium
- by J.K. Bhattacharjee and S. Bhattacharyya.
- Dordrecht : Springer ; New Delhi, India : Hindustan Book Agency, c2007.
- Physical description
- vii, 304 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1: Introduction 2: Models of Dynamics. 2.1. Introduction. 2.2. Langevin Picture. 2.3. Fokker-Planck Description. 2.4. Dynamics of a Magnet near its Critical Point. 2.5. Systems not in Equilibrium. 2.6. Models of Growth. 2.7. Turbulence. 3: The Renormalization Group. 3.1. Introduction. 3.2. Renormalization Group: General Framework. 3.3. Dynamics of Model A. 3.4. Inclusion of Reversible Terms. 3.5. Field Theoretic Form. 4: Mode Coupling Theories. 4.1. Introduction. 4.2. Self-Consistent Mode Coupling. 4.3. Spherical Limit. 5: Critical Dynamics in Fluids. 5.1. Introduction. 5.2. Equations for Transport Coefficients. 5.3. One-Loop Perturbation Theory. 5.4. Diagrammatic Perturbation Theory. 5.5. Self-Consistent Perturbation Theory. 5.6. Sound Propagation. 5.7. The Lambda Transition. 5.8. Generalized n-Vector Model. 6: Systems far from Equilibrium. 6.1. Introduction. 6.2. Ginzburg-Landau Model. 6.3. Phase Ordering Kinetics. 6.4. Topological Defects. 6.5. The Structure Factor. 6.6. Approximate Tehcniques. 6.7. Renormalization Group for Late Stage Behaviour. 7: Surface Growth. 7.1. Intorduction. 7.2. Edwards-Wilkinson (EW) Model. 7.3. Kardar-Parisi-Zhang (KPZ) Model. 7.4. KPZ Equation and the Renormalization Group. 7.5. KPZ Equation and Mode Coupling Theories. 7.6. Growth with Surface Diffusion. 7.7. Discrete Models. 7.8. Growth Models with Correlated Noise. 7.9. Growth Models with Non-Locality. 7.10. Roughening Transition. 7.11. Quenched Noise. 7.12. Coupled Growth Models. 8: Turbulence. 8.1. Description of the Turbulent State. 8.2. Kolmogorov Phenomenology. 8.3. The Correlation Function. 8.4. Randomly Stirred Model. 8.5. Advection of a Passive Scalar. 8.6. Intermittency Phenomenology. 8.7. Perturbation Theory. 8.8. Dynamical Systems and Turbulence. 9: Polymer Dynamics. 9.1. Introduction. Appendix A - Functional Integration Appendix B - Field Theoretic RG Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781402053870 20160606
- Publisher's Summary
- This text gives a detailed account of various techniques that are used in the study of dynamics of continuous systems, near as well as far from equilibrium. The analytic methods covered include diagrammatic perturbation theory, various forms of the renormalization group, and self-consistent mode coupling.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781402053870 20160606
- Supplemental links
Table of contents
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Non-linear dynamics near and far from equilibrium
- 9781402053870 (hd.bd.)
- 1402053878 (hd.bd.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: