High-stakes testing in education : science and practice in K-12 settings
- edited by James A. Bovaird, Kurt F. Geisinger, and Chad W. Buckendahl.
- 1st ed.
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 263 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB3051 .H477 2011
- Unknown LB3051 .H477 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Current state of high-stakes testing in education / Barbara S. Plake
- Local development of a high-stakes assessment program: lessons learned and research results gained / John Crawford and Patricia Crum
- Setting performance standards on alternate assessments for students with disabilities / Abdullah A. Ferdous, Sue Bechard, and Chad W. Buckendahl
- Assessing English language skills in education: implications for students with limited English proficiency / Anja Römhild and James A. Bovaird
- Student achievement and adequate yearly progress within the Indiana charter school system / W. Holmes Finch, Brian F. French, and Mary Baker
- Revising a large-scale college placement examination program: innovation within constraints / Kristen Huff and Gerald J. Melican
- A role for college admissions tests in state assessment programs / Sherri Miller and Jay Happel
- Finding validity evidence: an analysis using the Mental measurements yearbook / Gregory J. Cizek, Heather K. Koons, and Sharyn L. Rosenberg
- A model of examinee test-taking effort / Steven L. Wise and Lisa F. Smith
- Validity arguments for high-stakes testing and accountability systems / Deborah L. Bandalos ... [et al.]
- Testing and measurement from a multilevel view: psychometrics and validation / Bruno D. Zumbo and Barry Forer
- A high-stakes use of intelligence testing: a forensic case study / Chad W. Buckendahl and Brett P. Foley
- High-stakes education research: enhanced scrutiny of the education system and its consequences / James A. Bovaird and Natalie A. Koziol
- The future of high-stakes testing in education / Kurt F. Geisinger.
- Publisher's Summary
- The educational testing community in the United States is facing a dramatic increase in the use of test scores as a measure of accountability. This volume covers a selection of contemporary issues in testing science and practice that impact the nation's public education system. These include test development at the local and state levels, the assessment of special populations, test performance in charter schools, and the role of college placement and entrance examinations. Also featured is a section focusing on validation practices, and defining and interpreting resulting test scores. Specific topics include the role of examinee motivation, obtaining and making decisions based on validity evidence, evidence of consequences, and considering contextual sampling effects when evaluating validity evidence.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781433809736 (hbk.)
- 1433809737 (hbk.)