PLCs, DI, & RTI : professional learning communities, differentiated instruction, response to intervention : a tapestry for school change
- Judy Stoehr, Maria Banks, Linda Allen.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2011.
- Physical description
- xi, 167 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB2822.8 .S74 2011
- Unknown LB2822.8 .S74 2011
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 155-159) and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Authors Introduction 1. Elements and Principles of the Integrated Model 2. Professional Learning Communities Threads What It Is The Research Behind It Who Said It and Why Essence What's in It for Me? 21st Century Skills Making It Rigorous Fabric Walking the Walk Time, Voice, and Choice Defining Components Design Talking the Talk Using Protocols How and When to Begin a PLC Specifics of PLC Meetings Goals for PLCs Organizing PLCs Frame Nonnegotiables References and Resources 3. Differentiated Instruction Threads What It Is The Research Behind It Who Said It and Why Essence What's in It for Me? 21st Century Skills Making It Rigorous Fabric Walking the Walk Defining Components Setting up a Positive Classroom Environment Use of Flexible Grouping Strategies and Activities for Differentiating Content Strategies and Activities for Differentiating Process Strategies and Activities for Differentiating Student Products Design Talking The Talk How and When to Implement DI Frame Nonnegotiables References and Resources 4. Response to Intervention Threads What It Is The Research Behind It Who Said It and Why Essence What's in It for Me? 21st Century Skills Making It Rigorous Fabric Walking the Walk Defining Components Design Talking the Talk How and When to Implement RTI Frame Nonnegotiables References and Resources Further Resources Available Online 5. Weaving a Tapestry for School Change Time Simple Ways to Get Started Money Commitment References and Resources Appendix A: Forms and Templates Appendix B: Activities and Protocols Appendix C: Resources.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A framework for weaving common threads into an artful solution Rather than buying individual books about professional learning communities (PLCs), differentiated instruction (DI), and Response to Intervention (RTI), invest wisely in one resource that synthesizes all three. The text uses a tapestry analogy to weave these critical topics together to form a comprehensive framework for achieving continuous school improvement. The result is a stronger foundation for administrators' leadership direction and teachers' instructional decisions based on: - Utilizing PLCs as the framework for sharing new strategies and understandings - Discussing data collected through assessments - Evaluating data against benchmarks Included are walk-through checklists, learning-style surveys, examples, and vignettes that illustrate practical strategies for integrating DI and RTI and collaborating with colleagues to assess student learning and adapt instruction and interventions. This timely resource efficiently provides all the information you need to optimize instruction for outstanding results.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- PLCs, DI, and RTI : a tapestry for school change
- 9781412992381 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412992389 (pbk. : alk. paper)