100 questions (and answers) about research methods
- Neil J. Salkind.
- Los Angeles, Calif. : SAGE, c2012.
- Physical description
- xiv, 172 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
- Salkind, Neil J.
- Part 1. Understanding the Research Process and Getting Started Part 2. Reviewing and Writing About Your Research Question Part 3. Introductory Ideas About Ethics Part 4. Research Methods: Knowing the Language, Knowing the Ideas Part 5. Sampling Ideas and Issues Part 6. Describing Data Using Descriptive Techniques Part 7. All About Testing and Measuring Part 8. Understanding Different Research Methods Part 9. All About Inference and Significance.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412992039 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- In an increasing data driven world, it is more important than ever for students as well as professionals to better understand the process of research, from the initial asking of questions through the analysis and interpretation of data leasing to a final report, and everything in between. 100 Questions (and Answers) about Research Methods summarizes the most important questions that lie in those inbetween spaces that one could ask about research methods while providing an answer as well. This is a short book and intended for those individuals who need a refresher as to what the important topics are within this area of study as well as for those who are entirely new to the discipline and need a resource as to what the key questions are that one might ask. It's for graduate students preparing for comprehensive exams, researchers who need a reference, undergraduates in affiliated programs who will not be taking a primary course in research methods and anyone curious about how these tools can most effectively be used.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412992039 20160605
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- One hundred questions (and answers) about research methods
- Includes index.
- 9781412992039 (pbk.)
- 1412992036 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: