Learning to teach in the early years classroom
- Mindy Blaise, Joce Nuttall.
- South Melbourne, Vic. ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Physical description
- xl, 272 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1775.6 .B74 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 251-263) and index.
- LIST OF PAUSE, REFLECT AND RECORD EXERCISES -- INTRODUCTION-- WELCOME TO THE AUBREY PRIMARY SCHOOL -- 1. The early years' landscape -- 2. Dilemmas of pre-service teaching -- 3. The Teaching Body -- 4. The early years' curriculum -- 5. Power and pedagogy -- 6. Managing learning environments -- 7. Engaging with diverse families -- 8. Transitions -- 9. The ethical teacher -- BIBLIOGRAPHY -- INDEX.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780195565355 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- Learning to Teach in the Early Years Classroom helps teacher education students understand the complexities of teaching in early years' classrooms. It integrates research and theory with practice through authentic classroom case studies, in order to show students how educators make decisions and achieve expected outcomes. Engaging and analytical, the book gives voice to the many stakeholders involved in a child's development: from principals to teachers; from families and children of diverse backgrounds to pre-service teachers on field placement. Key Features Links theory to practice through classroom-based case studies Helps teacher education students see how their role in a child's development fits into that of the broader community through learning devices such as 'Zooming In and Zooming Out' Encourages learning of teaching methods, tools, and procedures for thinking about and doing teaching through the experiences of fictional case study Sam Davis, and Aubrey Primary School Challenges students to reflect critically on certain ideas or practices, how they might think or act differently, and why.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780195565355 20160605
- Publication date
- 9780195565355 (pbk.)
- 0195565355 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: