Connecting across cultures : global education in grades K-8
- Mary Ann Buchino and Bob Herring.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- xiii, 101 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1099 .B78 2011||Unknown|
- Chapter 1 Preface Chapter 2 Introduction Chapter 3 Chapter 1 - Global Education Across the Curriculum Chapter 4 Chapter 2 - The Maps Program Chapter 5 Chapter 3 - Student Exchanges Chapter 6 Chapter 4 - Encouraging Teacher Support Chapter 7 Chapter 5 - Encouraging Parent Support Chapter 8 Epilogue Part 9 Appendixes Chapter 10 i. Sample Map Test Study Guide Chapter 11 ii. List of Exchanges Chapter 12 iii. Sample Memorandum of Understanding Chapter 13 iv. International School-to-School Experience Forms Chapter 14.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- In a world that is increasingly interconnected, it is important for students in the United States to develop an understanding and appreciation for the history, culture, and traditions of their peers in other nations. Connecting Across Cultures: Grades K-8 offers educators a roadmap to global education with proven, practical ways to modify the curriculum to prepare students to be contributing members of the global village. There are practical suggestions for all curriculum areas that will provide teachers with examples of how their subject area can move toward a more global approach. It's not adding more to an already full schedule; it's changing what happens in the classroom to increase student understanding and challenge attitudes and assumptions they have about other nations, cultures, and traditions. It points the way to forming friendships with students around the world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9781607099901 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- 160709990X (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- 9781607099918 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 1607099918 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 9781607099925 (ebk.)
- 1607099926 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: