Countries in the northern tropical regions of Africa
- Physical description
- 2 maps on 1 sheet : hand col. ; 14 x 24 cm. and 16 x 24 cm., on sheet 47 x 33 cm.
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|G8200 1862 .P4||In-library use|
Item is featured in an exhibit Item is featured in exhibits
- 1. Abessinia and the adjacent countries / constructed by Augustus Petermann ; engraved by G.H. Swanston
- 2. Map of part of Central Africa : according to Clapperton, Denham, Richardson, Barth, Vogel & Baikie from original documents in possession of the Royal Geographical Society of London / constructed & engraved by G.H. Swanston.
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:8,820,000] (E 26⁰--E 45⁰/N 16⁰--N 4⁰).
- Scale [ca. 1:5,700,000] (E 6⁰--E 19⁰/N 16⁰--N 7⁰).
- Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- "LXXIV" upper right corner.
- Abessinia map includes profile.
- Illustrations in margin: Abessinian priest -- Abessinian lady -- Christian warriors of Shoa -- Mount Mamrat or the Mother of Grace -- March of a nomade horde -- Adaiel & Shoho warriors -- Lake Tsad, Central Africa / drawn & engraved by A. Thom -- Adaiel & Tibbus females.
- Included Work
- Abessinia and the adjacent countries.
- Map of part of Central Africa.
- A. Fullarton & Co. Royal illustrated atlas of modern geography. London ; Edinburgh : A. Fullarton and Co., [1862?]. pl. LXXIV.
Browse related items
Start at call number: