Polymer nanocomposites handbook [electronic resource]
- Boca Raton, Fla. : CRC Press, 2010.
- Physical description
- xiv, 549 p. : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 532) and index.
- Overview of Challenges and Opportunities, R.K. Gupta, E.B. Kennel, and K.-J. Kim History of Carbon Nanomaterials, A. Oberlin and G.G. Tibbetts The Incorporation of Nanomaterials into Polymer Media, H.C. Ashton Mixing Terminology, Nanoparticle Dispersion and Reinforcement by Surface Modification with Additives, K.-J. Kim and J.L. White Surface Modification of Carbon Nanofibers, M.L. Lake, D.G. Glasgow, G.G. Tibbetts, and D.J. Burton Compounding Layered Silicate Nanocomposites, P. Andersen Dispersion of Agglomerated Nanoparticles in Rubber Processing, K.-J. Kim and J.L. White The Rheology of Polymeric Nanocomposites, S. Bhattacharya, R.K. Gupta, and S. Bhattacharya Fundamentals of Carbon-Based Nanocomposites, E.V. Barrera, E. Corral, M. Shofner, and D. Simeon Polymer Nanocomposites Containing Vapor-Grown Carbon Fibers Aligned by Magnetic or Electric Field Processing, T. Takahashi and K. Yonetake Utility of Carbonaceous Nanofillers in Elastomers and Thermoplastic Elastomeric Gels, J.K. Kim, M. Pagalicawan, and V. Sridhar Nanocomposites of Liquid Crystalline Polymers Dispersed in Polyester Matrices, C.H. Song and A.I. Isayev Transmission Electron Microscopy and Related Techniques in the Structure Characterization of Polymer Nanocomposites, V.K. Berry Mechanical Properties of Clay-Containing Polymeric Nanocomposites, L.A. Utracki Appendices, Mass Transport through Polymer Nanocomposites, D. De Kee and K.J. Frederic Flammability Properties of Polymer Nanocomposites, J. Zhu and C.A. Wilkie Electrical Properties of Nanoparticle-Filled Polymers, E.B. Kennel Thermal Conductivity of Polymer Nanocomposites, S. Agarwal and R.K. Gupta Bio-Based Nanocomposites from Functionalized Plant Oils, C.-K. Hong, J. Lu, and R.P. Wool.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Reflecting the exceptional growth in the use of nanostructured materials for an increasing range of industrial applications, Polymer Nanocomposites Handbook comprehensively covers the synthesis of nanomaterials that act as the building blocks of polymer nanocomposites and polymers that act as matrix materials. From early history to new technologies, the book guides readers through the development of nanocomposites and their broad and rapidly developing applications from flame retardant properties to advances in polymer compounding. Using examples from today's leading academic and industrial research labs, top scientists provide in-depth discussions of the science, processing, and technology that have accompanied nanocomposites' ascension into the world of chemical and materials science. With nineteen chapters authored by world leaders in nanocomposite research, this handbook provides diverse and authoritative coverage on the scientific underpinnings and revolutionary discoveries related to this promising field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editors, Rakesh K. Gupta, Elliot Kennel.
- Also available in print edition.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781420009804 (e-book : PDF)
- 142000980X (electronic bk.)