Remembering what's important : priorities of school leadership
- Charles A. Bonnici.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- xiv, 199 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2831.9 .B665 2011||Unknown|
- Bonnici, Charles A., 1948-
- Chapter 1 Foreword Chapter 2 Preface Chapter 3 Table of Contents Chapter 4 Introduction Chapter 5 Chapter 1: Surviving Chapter 6 Chapter 2: Improving Instruction: Guidelines for the Observation Process Chapter 7 Chapter 3: Improving Instruction: Alternative Observations and Other Practices Chapter 8 Chapter 4: Hiring New Staff Chapter 9 Chapter 5: Training and Retaining New Teachers: The Critical First Week Chapter 10 Chapter 6: Training and Retaining New Teachers: The Fall Semester Chapter 11 Chapter 7: Training and Retaining New Teachers: The Spring Semester Chapter 12 Chapter 8: Creating a Positive School Ambience: Respect, Instruction, Welcome Chapter 13 Chapter 9: Creating a Positive School Ambience: Support Services, Parental Involvement, Staff Development, Punitive Measures Chapter 14 Chapter 10: Establishing Formal and Informal Systems for Creating a Positive School Ambience Chapter 15 Chapter 11: Working with the Custodian and Physical Plant Chapter 16 Chapter 12: Dealing with the Larger Context: The School District, Media, Advisory Boards and Celebrities Chapter 17 Chapter 13 Dealing with the Larger Context: Politics, Parents and Panaceas Chapter 18 Chapter 14: Passing the Baton Chapter 19 Appendices Chapter 20 Appendix A: Standard Answer Sheet Chapter 21 Appendix B: Proctoring Standardized Examinations Chapter 22 Appendix F: Auditorium Murals Chapter 23 Acknowledgments.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610480840 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- In Remembering What's Important: Priorities of School Leadership, Charles A. Bonnici addresses several issues facing school leaders through strategies supported by real-life examples and anecdotes. The issues addressed include questions such as: What is the most urgent issue faced by a new school leader? How can this leader address the chaos of being both a teacher trainer and evaluator? What are the school leader's personal responsibilities for hiring, training, and retaining staff? How does the school leader create a positive learning ambience in a school? How can this leader address the issues created by the physical plant of the building itself? How can a principal treat the difficult waters of the social and political context of the outside world that impacts on the school? How can a school leader insure that the management systems created within a school and the gains in student achievement accomplished are maintained and improved upon after he or she leaves the school?
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610480840 20160605
- Publication date
- 9781610480833 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 161048083X (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610480840 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610480848 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610480857 (ebk.)
- 1610480856 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: